Updated April 22, 2019
I. INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
To operate our Website and provide you with access to certain services, we may collect the following types of information: (A) Information You Give Us and (B) Information We Automatically Collect, and (C) Information We May Receive from Third Parties. All of the information listed in (A)-(C) above, are detailed below, and hereinafter referred to as “Information.”
A. Information You Give Us
WNW collects certain information directly from you when you visit or otherwise interact with our Website or use our Services.
Creatives or Hirers: When you register with WNW as a Creative or as a Hirer, you may
provide certain personal Information to us, including, but not limited to: your name, your email address, telephone number, your address, payment details used to process your requested services, and account information and log in credentials, including unique identifiers such as username and password. Additionally, when you establish your profile as a Creative or Hirer you may provide Information relating to the following: your experience, educational background, tax identification number, your desired rate of compensation, work availability, photos and/or samples of work projects, your geographic location or desired location(s), or any other information you may provide to us.
WNW Shop: You may provide your Information to us if you purchase products in our WNW Shop, including, without limitation: your name, telephone number, email address, shipping and billing address, and payment details such as debit or credit information.
B. Information We Automatically Collect
Information that we may collect indirectly from your visit to our Website or Services include:
- IP address;
- Your geographic location;
- Domain server;
- Type of computer, web browsers, operating system, or platform you use or web browser;
- Data identifying the web pages you visited prior to and after visiting our Website; and/or
- Your movement and activity within the Website.
1. Cookies & Other Tracking Technologies Used to Collect Information About You:
Cookies – Cookies are small files (“cookies”) stored on your web browser upon visiting certain websites, including our Website or Services. Cookies help keep your settings, log-ins and other customizations when you return to the particular website. They also help with overall website functionality. The WNW Services uses three types of cookies: (1) session, (2) persistent cookies and (3) third-party cookies.
- The session cookie is used to identify the type of user so that you may view the pages which correspond to your account type; Creative or Hirer. These disappear when you close your browser.
- Persistent or permanent cookies are used for the same purpose; to identify the type of user Creative or Hirer to the Website. However, these remain active for one (1) year unless you clear your browser and delete all cookies.
WNW does not use “tracking” cookies, which follow users’ online activity between unrelated websites. WNW does work with a variety of Third-Party Websites that may use tracking cookies and other technologies that may track your activity and collect information across websites.
- Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, unless you have configured yours not to accept them. You can program your browser not to accept cookies, but if you do, you may not be able to use certain portions of the Website and the Website will not be able to customize certain functions according to your preferences.
- For more information about third party cookies and related advertising and how to opt-out of these practices with companies participating in industry self-regulation, please visit About Ads at http://optout.aboutads.info/
Web Beacons - Small graphic images or web programming code called web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) may be included on the pages of the Website. Web beacons or other similar technologies may be used for a number of purposes, such as to count visitors to the Website, monitor how you navigate the Website or to count how many particular articles or links posted on the Website were actually viewed.
- Our Website uses different technologies such as Google Retargeting Pixels and Facebook Retargeting Pixels. Please visit their websites for their privacy policies and consent and opt-out mechanisms, or visit sites that may help block ad tracking, such as About Ads at http://optout.aboutads.info/
Mobile Device Identifiers - Certain mobile service providers uniquely identify mobile devices and we, our Partners or our Third-Party Service Providers may receive such device information if you access the Website through a mobile device. Certain features on the Website may require collection of mobile phone numbers and we may associate that phone number to mobile device identification information. Additionally, some mobile service providers operate systems that pinpoint the physical location of devices that use their services. Depending on the provider, we, our Partners or our Third-Party Service Providers may receive this Information.
- You may opt-out of tracking and receiving tailored advertisements on your mobile device by some mobile advertising companies and other similar entities by downloading the App Choices app at www.aboutads.info/appchoices.
Embedded Scripts - An embedded script is programming code designed to collect Information about your use of this Website, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded to your computer from our web server or a third-party provider, is active only while you are connected to the Website and is deactivated or deleted once you leave the Website.
Analytics - We use two companies to help provide us with information about traffic to our Website.
- Google Analytics - WNW uses Google Analytics for reports and visitor Website usage reports to track and monitor the use of our Website, which it shares with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
- You can opt-out of having your activity on the Website made available to Google Analytics by installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout) for your web browser.
- For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/.
- Intercom - WNW uses Intercom, Inc. for website customer support services. Intercom’s privacy statement is here: https://www.intercom.com/privacy
We may also use the following:
- Hotjar – WNW uses Hotjar for analytics reports and visitor website usage information. Hotjar's privacy statement is here: https://www.hotjar.com/privacy
- Appcues - WNW uses Appcues for welcoming website visitors and helping them navigate around our website. Appcues’ privacy statement is here: http://www.appcues.com/privacy
- Stripe – WNW uses Stripe as its credit card processor. Stripe’s privacy statement is here: https://stripe.com/us/privacy#1
Do Not Track (DNT) is an optional browser setting that allows you to express your preferences regarding tracking by advertisers and other parties. We do not respond to DNT signals.
C. Information We May Receive from Third Parties
We may collect additional Information about you from Third-Party Websites, social media platforms, such as, but not limited, to Facebook, Twtter, Instagram, SnapChat ("Social Media Platforms"), and/or services providing publicly available information (e.g., from the U.S. Postal Service) to help us provide services to you, help prevent fraud, and for marketing and advertising purposes.
Information we may access about you, with your consent, may include, but is not limited to, your basic Social Media Platform information, your location data, your list of contacts, friends or followers and certain information about your activities on the Social Media Platform. Please keep in mind that when you provide Information to us on a Third-Party Website or platform (for example, via our applications), the Information you provide may be separately collected by the Third-Party Website or the Social Media Platform.
II. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
A. Use and Purpose of Processing Your Information
We use and process your Information above for things that may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Process your profile to open an account;
- To respond to your inquiries;
- Provide customer services;
- Communicate with you via email, text, Social Media Platforms, chat rooms, about information we believe you would be interested in and/or regarding our services, provided that you have not already opted-out of receiving such communications;
- Improve our Website or Services and resolve any technical problems;
- Provide targeted advertisements and videos and music to you;
- Analyze the use of the Services and Information about visitors to understand and improve our service offerings and, in accordance with our sharing policies, discussed below, to produce anonymous or aggregated data and statistics that might help third parties develop their own products and service offerings;
- Customize the content you see when you visit the Website, including to develop and provide advertising tailored to your interests;
- Comply with any applicable laws and regulations and respond to lawful requests; and/or
- For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your Information or pursuant to your consent.
B. Lawful Basis For Processing Your Information
We handle your Information to help further what we believe are our legitimate interests in commercial activities that are not overridden by the interest or fundamental rights and freedoms of the individuals at issue. We also may need to use and disclose your Information to comply with our legal obligations. For example, we may provide your Information to government officials and agencies as required by law, and Partners as part of business operations. When required by law, and in some other cases, we process the Information after obtaining consent from the individual.
C. How Long We Keep Your Information
We generally keep Information for so long as it may be relevant to the purposes listed above, consistent with any applicable laws and agreements. To dispose of Information, we may anonymize it, delete it, or take other appropriate steps. Data may persist in copies made for backup and business continuity purposes for an additional time.
D. Sharing Your Information
- Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your Information with Third-Party Service Providers that perform certain functions or services on our behalf, including, without limitation: (i) responding to your inquires; (ii) shipping, sending postal mail and emails; (iii) analyzing, updating and correcting Information we receive on the Website; (iv) performing business analysis, data processing and/or quality control; (v) providing marketing assistance, search results and links (including, without limitation, paid listings and links); (vi) processing credit card and debit card payments for our services; (vii) hosting our databases (e.g., Amazon Web Services); (viii) providing you with Information you requested; and (ix) processing and fulfilling orders made through the WNW Shop. These Third-Party Service Providers are authorized to use your Information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- Disclosure of Customer Information for Legal and Administrative Reasons. We may disclose your Information without notice: (i) when required by law or to comply with a court order, subpoena, search warrant or other legal process; (ii) to cooperate in investigations of fraud, intellectual property infringement or any other activity that is illegal or may expose us or you to legal liability; (iii) to comply with legal, regulatory or administrative requirements of governmental authorities (including, without limitation, requests from the governmental agency authorities to view your Information); (iv) to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of us, our subsidiaries and affiliates and any of their officers, directors, employees, attorneys, agents, contractors and partners, and the Website’s users; (v) to enforce or apply the Website’s Terms and Conditions of Use; and (iv) to verify the identity of the Website’s users.
- Business Transfers. Your Information may be transferred, sold or otherwise conveyed (“Conveyed”) to a third party where we: (i) merge with or are acquired by another business entity; (ii) sell all or substantially all of our assets; (iii) are adjudicated bankrupt or (iv) are liquidated or otherwise reorganize. You consent to any and all such Conveyances of your Information.
- Online Postings, Promotions and Surveys: We allow users to share comments, postings, photos, testimonials, or other information as part of our Website and may also host surveys or run contests or promotions from time to time. If you choose to submit such information to us or participate in the content or promotion, the Information that you submit may be available generally to the public and will not be returned to you unless we receive such a request. Information that you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them.
III. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
IV. INFORMATION PROTECTION
We use industry-standard procedures and safeguards to help safeguard the confidentiality of your Information. However, you should assume that no data transmitted over the Internet can be 100% secure. Therefore, although we believe the measures implemented by us reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved, we do not promise or guarantee, and you should not expect, that your Information or private communications will always remain private. We do not guarantee that your Information will not be misused or disclosed to third parties. We will not have any liability for misuse or disclosure of your Information.
If you believe that your username or password to your account profile has been stolen, you are required to notify us so that necessary measures can be taken immediately by contacting email@example.com.
V. CONSENT TO TRANSFER
The Website is operated in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that Information we collect will be transferred to and processed in the United States. By using the Website, or providing us with any Information, you consent to this transfer, processing and storage of your Information in the United States, a jurisdiction in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as those in the country where you reside and/or are a citizen. Portions of our site may be supported by a network of computers or cloud-based servers in other jurisdictions. We do not represent that our Website or Services are adequate or available in any particular jurisdiction.
VI. ACCESS AND UPDATING YOUR INFORMATION
If you believe that any Information collected and maintained by us about you is not correct or has changed, please send an e-mail message to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining the correction or change. We also may provide web pages or other mechanisms through which you can correct or update the Information we have collected and maintained.
In accordance with our routine record keeping, we may delete certain records that contain Information you have submitted through the Website. We are under no obligation to store such Information indefinitely and disclaim any liability arising out of, or related to, the destruction of such Information.
If you ask us to delete your Information, we will take best efforts to do so within a reasonable period of time from the date the request is received. Please note that we may need to retain some Information about you in order to satisfy our legal and security obligations. In addition, you should be aware that it is not always possible to completely remove or delete all of your Information from our databases without some residual data because of backups and other reasons.
We provide users with the ability to opt-out of receiving marketing and other communications from us, and to update, supplement, or delete Information we have about them.
- Restrict the way that we process and disclose your Information
- Transfer your Information to a third party
- Revoke your consent for processing of your Information
- Provide you with access to your Information
- Remove your Information if no longer necessary for the purposes collected
- Prevent the processing of your Information for direct-marketing purposes
- Update your Information so it is correct and not out of date
- Object to our processing of your Information
- Withdraw the consent you have given us to use your Personal Data
To make these requests please send an email to email@example.com or call 1-888-610-6602.
The requests above will be considered and responded to in the time period stated by applicable law. Note, certain Information may be exempt from such requests. We may require additional information from you to confirm your identity in responding to such requests. You have the right to lodge a complaint with the authorities applicable to you and your situation, although we invite you to contact us with any concern as we would be happy to try and resolve it directly. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-888-610-6602.
IX. NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 (“Shine the Light Law”) permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your Information by us to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To obtain this information, please contact us as detailed in the “Questions” section below, with “Request for California Privacy Information” in the subject line of the email or, if sent by postal mail, in the body of your message. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the Shine the Light Law requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.